Supervisor Lead Provider
FLSA Status Exempt
Purpose of Job
Improve the overall health of the Greater Spokane community and expand the availability of dental care by providing dental care to patients as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will perform clinical services (such as restorative, surgical and various preventative and restorative services for children) as directed by the Dental Director.
- Understand and follow infection control procedures.
- Review medical histories at each visit.
- Consult with patient’s health care provider or other clinic provider as needed.
- Chart all pathologic conditions and report finding to the patient.
- Diagnose dental disease, oral pathology, and develop a written treatment plan and prioritize treatments.
- Explain the course of treatment with patient, and solicit his/her input and agreement.
- Balance treatment plan on patients needs and desires, and in conjunction with patient and clinic resources.
- Ensure all prescriptions and advice regarding medications is in accordance with accepted community standards and CHAS protocols.
- Recommend dental equipment changes and additions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of provider productivity standards.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training.
- Represent CHAS at conferences, meetings, and continuing education programs.
- Participate in precepting dental assisting students, dental hygiene students, and dental students as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
Experience: Previous experience working with under-served populations desired. Certification through
The Drug Enforcement Agency and valid licensure in Washington State required.
Education: Completion of ADA accredited dental program required.
Other Skills: Must be able to secure credentialing through identified agencies (Medicaid, etc.). Effective
oral and written communication skills required. Basic computer user skills required
. Excellent vision (with or without correction) and hand-eye coordination required.
Dentists are required to stand under one-third of the day; while sitting and being mobile are required one-third to two-thirds of the time. They are required to use hands to finger, handle or feel over two-thirds of the time, as well as reach with hands and arms. Climbing, balancing, kneeling or crouching occurs less than one-third of the time. Communicating by talking / hearing occurs over two-thirds of the day. Smelling occurs between one-third and two-thirds of the day. Amount of time spent lifting or exerting force is about 30% for up to 10 pounds. Rarely is there a need to lift more than 11 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read and understand the above job description.
Employee Signature_____________________________________________ Date_________________