*Physician Assistant / Spokane (2+ Yrs Preferred)
|Title:||*Physician Assistant / Spokane (2+ Yrs Preferred)|
Title Physician Assistant
Supervisor Lead Provider
FLSA Status Exempt
Purpose of Job
Improve the overall health of the Greater Spokane community and expand the availability of health care by providing primary medical services at CHAS clinics in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations of the CHAS Board of Directors and administration as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Treats a mixed patient population, across gender, age and ethnicity, as well as insured and
uninsured patients within scope of practice and delineated clinical privileges.
- Examines patient to determine general physical condition. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings and diagnoses condition.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures, under the direct supervision of a physician. Orders inoculations and vaccinations for patients to immunize from communicable diseases. Performs minor surgery. Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Advise patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Records and/or signs off on physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition, in patient’s electronic chart in accordance with established standards.
- Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
- Participates in provider staff meetings to develop problem-solving techniques, and acquire team-building skills. Participates in peer reviews.
- Develops practice plan and relationship with supervisory physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
Experience: Valid licensure in Washington state required. Board Certified or Eligible. Able to apply for prescriptive privileges.
Education: Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant school. CPR/ACLS certification.
Other Skills: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Must be able to secure credentialing through identified agencies (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
Providers must be able to move around the facility between 1/3rd and 2/3rds of the day, as well as sit at a workstation or in patient rooms. Using hands occurs over 2/3rds of the day, while reaching with arms occurs less than 1/3rd of the day. Communicating is also required over 2/3rds of the day, while climbing, stooping or crawling is minimal. Lifting up to 10 lbs occurs about half the time, while up to and above 25 lbs occurs only occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications